Thursday, April 19, 2012

Project 52: Week 15

 fam·i·ly[fam-uh-lee, fam-lee] plural fam·i·lies


  • a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.
  • a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.
  • the children of one person or one couple collectively: We want a large family.
  • the spouse and children of one person: We're taking the family on vacation next week.
  • any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins: to marry into a socially prominent family.
  • all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.
This week was a tough week. Most of our family is either over East or in New Zealand so I had a challenge on my hands as to how I was going to interpret this weeks theme. I didn't really want to attempt a portrait of Jason, Ethan and myself. Its hard enough getting good photos of Ethan and Jason, without making it a self timer shot and running into it at the last minute. The theme didn't necessarily mean that I had to take photos of "my" family either, but I really didn't put myself in the situation to take photos of other families either. There were plenty of family day out events planned in Perth this weekend where I would have had ample opportunity to take photos, but we needed to take the time to pack up our house in order to shift in a couple of weeks time. So after all that, I got two quick photos worth publishing. Not the best week, but this is a learning experience and a way to ensure that I use my camera regularly.
 
In second place is...
A family of shoes!!

 In first place is...
The love that created our own wee family starts here/.
Stay tuned for next week, the theme is soft (and I already have some ideas brewing!). 

No comments: