We looked at this house back when Jason's parents were last visiting. We put an offer on it that day as it met what we were looking for:
- nicely renovated,
- section big enough to put a pool in and still have enough grass/play area for Ethan,
- off street parking for Betty,
- relatively close to town, East Perth and Subiaco- which is where Jason and I work (all 5 - 6km away); and
- on the bus route to my work.
- that it is opposite Ethan's daycare so we only have to walk across the road in the morning to drop him off, saving valuable commuting time and allowing us to maximise our time with Ethan each day (which is very important for us); and
- the section is zoned for duplex so in 10 years time (and following the high density housing plan) our land is going to be very valuable.
The downside (all houses have a downside) is that it is on a busier road than we would ideally have liked. But as you can see in the pictures there is a nice tall brick fence with foliage on the inside to minimise any traffic noise.
|Outside play area, space for a pool and alfresco dining.|
|Lounge (complete with gas fire and ducted reverse cycle air conditioning).|
|Kitchen, dining and bathroom.|
So the next 17 days (which is all the time we have until settlement and possession) will be very busy. One lesson I have learned thus far is that it isn't a good idea to sort the DVDs and CDs out with a curious 10.5 month old "helping".
Finally, we are hosting Christmas in Perth this year for anyone who wants to join us! First in first served for the spare bedroom!