Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lets go riding!

A couple of months ago Ethan decided that prams were for crawlers and once he started walking, he wanted to walk EVERYWHERE! I lost count of the countless loops of the house that I did with him. There were times that we could only keep Ethan in the pram for around 10 - 15 minutes at a time until he was ready to walk again!

Now that Ethan has been walking for a few months he is way more content to actually sit back in the pram. As soon as I realised this I started thinking about other modes of transport!

Its no secret that I love to ride bikes, and I think deep down Jason does as well! Although he is still probably scarred from some of the 4 - 5 hour hills rides I made him do while he was training for his one (and probably only) half ironman!

Given all of this, coupled with Ethan's general love of the outdoors, we thought that it would be a good idea to get a bike seat for Ethan to go on one of our bikes. This is where we hit the first issue.... one bike is an aerodynamic triathlon bike, and the other is a custom built titanium frame road bike. The bike shop soon let us know that neither of these bikes were suitable for a bike seat. So we bought Jason and cheap bike and Ethan the best quality and safest seat and helmet we could find!

At first Ethan was a little uncertain about it all, but he soon (within about 5 minutes) became very fond of the new mode of transport! Last week he even bought his helmet to me "asking" to go for a ride!

Here are the boys with their new toys!

No comments: