We had a 3 hour window to prepare and cook a Christmas dinner while Gran and Grandad were at IKEA. On the menu was:
- Peach Bellinis (I think this is my new favourite drink),
- Whiskey, orange marmalade and mustard glazed ham;
- Baby potatoes;
- Steamed greens (brocollini, sugar snap peas, beans, asparagus and peas) served with a redcurrant glaze and toasted almonds;
- Honey glazed baby carrots;
- A beetroot, orange, goats cheese and rocket salad (with a dash of balsamic glaze);
- Pavlova served with copious amounts of whipped cream and fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries); and
- White and dark chocolate rocky road (with marshmallows, cranberries, macadamias, pistachios and coconut).
Who could resist this little fella!How cool is our tree looking at the moment... however these won't be opened until Christmas Day!All in all a great start to Ethan's first Christmas.
This year we will be in Perth for Christmas Day. Jason, Ethan and I are heading to a friend's house (from my mother's group) for lunch with her family. I am providing dessert, at this stage it will be another pavlova and most likely a cheesecake... but maybe a chocolate and berry tart...
Seasons Greetings to you all!