Monday, February 27, 2012

Project 52: Week 8

red - noun, adjective, red·der, red·dest.
noun
  • any of various colors resembling the color of blood; the primary color at one extreme end of the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 610 and 780 nm.
Well, it wasn't until I started this weeks challenge that I realised how little red I have in my life. Round the house there is one pair of shoes, one dress and some kids toys. In the local neighbourhood there is a whole lot less!!! I did find this sign though (not part of the challenge but needed to be published!)....


If I was organised and had my camera on me 24/7 I would have been able to get some cool shots of this car (Mustang- one of Jason's favourites) but all I had was my phone (again not posted as part of the challenge).So to the actual photos from this week. I am cheating this week and posting 4 photos. I just don't have the time to sit her pondering over them all and am sitting on the fence for third place!

In equal third is the gerbera macro and the brick wall!
The gerbera macro is here because I love macro shots and the first 10,000 photos I took were of flowers (I may be exaggerating slightly but it was a lot).
The brick wall made it to the final cut because its such an inane thing to take a photo of but I think the photo was great quality. I wanted to show that photos can be taken when there really isn't a lot of special things around!
In second place is the drops on the gerbera petal... the background to this photo is actually Ethan's paddling pool, not the sky! In first place is my raspberry lemonade! While I am not 100% happy with the background I just couldn't look past the richness and depth in the lemonade itself!

I hope you enjoyed this week's photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. Stay tuned for next week, the theme is "shine" (I am not sure what possessed me when setting this theme!)

No comments: