Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ethan's first trip to the beach...

The weekend just been was really hot so we took Ethan to the beach for the first time. Both Jason and I love the beach and we hope Ethan is the same. I didn't really think the plan through 100% though so Jason and I were both in denim, so not the most appropriate clothing to be wearing in the water. I am getting better, but each trip I still don't quite remember everything and anything I might need!
I took him into the water the first time, and he didn't seem worried about the water being a lot cooler than at his swimming lessons (probably 10 degrees cooler).
Jason decided to get in on the action as well, here they are checking out the waves!
Jason got brave and decided to see if Ethan wanted more of a swim, it was probably a bit cold for the full swim at this stage, but he didn't cry, he just took it all in his stride. That is one thing we have noticed with Ethan, he takes to new experiences readily and nothing much phases him at all.
And then... the inevitable. Ethan decided that he wanted to taste the sand (just like everything else). We thought that was our cue to go!
All in all it was a very successful first outing to the beach! We'll be back there a lot over summer!!

No comments: