Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Queens Birthday weekend round up...

Jason played the Canoe Polo national league finals on the weekend and his team came 2nd overall to Christchurch's A team: Justice. Jason also coaches the Wellington Women's team, they came third overall. So all in all a good weekend.

Individual game results will be published once I get the information.

Now that the Canoe Polo national league is over, Jason will be switching his focus to his swim training. He still has another month before the swim training starts formally though so his focus for now is to just add a couple of extra swims per week.

There were no harriers races this weekend (which was nice) so my weekend's training consisted of:

Saturday: swim 1 hour, bike 3 hrs, run 1 hour
Sunday: run 3 hours in the hills (was only meant to be 2 hours but we managed to get lost in Belmont regional Park!)
Monday: Easy recovery swim- 40 min and running drills- 30 min.

My hamstring strain seems to have sorted itself out which is good, so back to training at 100% this week. I have the Dorne Cup this weekend which is a 6km interclub Cross Country Race at Trentham Memorial Park, starting at 1pm). The course is over flat grassland, plus a grassy stopbank or two. I raced this last year (not one of my better races for 2006) so I am looking forward to a much better performance this year!

No comments: