Thursday, May 31, 2007

Swim time trial: 31 Mar 2007

Jason and I both had a 500m swim time trial at swimming this morning. I had 3 goals for the time trial, these were to:
  1. Pace myself over the 500m with an aim to negative split (come home in the second half faster);
  2. Start tumble turning; and
  3. Finish the TT in 7 mins 30 secs.

I achieved/exceeded all three goals. I tumble turned 5 out of the 9 turns, had a negative split and completed the TT in 7 mins 14 secs.

Jason's goal was to come in under 7 mins and he smashed that goal... he did the TT in 6.36! Wow that is fast!

So a good morning for both of us... Ali (our swim coach) said that Jason and Anna (lake taupo swim buddy) will eventually be doing 5km time trials! Sheesh... that's going to be tough!

J and J

1 comment:

Mum said...

good stuff mum x