- Say it out loud;
- Get rid of the excuses; and
- Set my goals.
So this is the hardest bit for me... I usually keep things to myself. This is all about making a commitment to myself, my family and my friends.
So here it is... I want to lose weight and get fit again (my specific goals are outlined below).
First up I need to get rid of all my excuses for still carrying the baby weight... here I go.
- I am too tired to think about eating well
- I am too tired to exercise
- I am too busy to fit exercise in
- I can't lose weight while breastfeeding
- I can't start on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday... I'll start Monday
- I'll never be as fit and as strong as I once was
So my specific goals for the next three months are to lose 10kg and get fit enough to be able to run 20-25km easily in a session!
So please support me in my quest to get fit and healthy again!
To help achieve these goals I:
- Joined weightwatchers
- Do a weekly post natal yoga class (my core strength is severly impaired right now)
- Am joining a fellow mothers group friend and will go to a boxing for mums fitness class twice a week (we can take our babies along as well)
- Have started running with Ethan in the pram (boy that is hard work)
- Have started tracking everything I eat