So there are some days that you just get a chocolate craving and you really cannot be bothered going ALL the way to the shops to satisfy the craving (it may have something to do with sleep deprivation for us at the moment haha)... anyway, here's a recipe for a 5 min chocolate mug cake and chocolate sauce (perfect for two). Its not particularly healthy with the amount of oil in it and its incredibly rich, but hey, cravings aren't meant to be healthy right!
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- A small splash of vanilla extract/essence/paste
- 1 large coffee mug (Microwave Safe)
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2.5 - 3 minutes.
- 50g Butter
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tblsp cocoa powder
- Cream (optional - good with or without)
- Melt butter in microwave
- Add brown sugar and cocoa powder and mix thoroughly
- Cook in microwave until brown sugar is dissolved
- Add cream if desired and stir well.