Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sculpture by the sea 2011

Each year Cottesloe Beach is transformed during the Sculpture By the Sea exhibition. During the weekend we took Jason's parents down to have a look (along with the 30,000 other people). Now some of the pieces I didn't really understand (art truly is in the eye of the beholder), but there were others that were great.

Here is a choice of a few of the best exhibits.

This was my favourite sculpture of all of them.



This sculpture was scary to me :-) and a little confronting.

This next exhibit brings a new meaning to "sand shoes"...


So all in all a good outing, although I would have preferred a few less people! But it was a lovely day and great to do something different. Its also been a while since I have felt like taking photos so I enjoyed having some new subject matter.

No comments: