Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jason's new tattoo

Hi there, well since I last blogged Jason got part one of his birthday present... a new tattoo. About 4 - 5 months ago Jason drew a little doodle of what could be his new tattoo...little did he know that I had stolen this drawing with the goal to surprise him for his birthday.

I braved the motorcycle gang members and went to the tattoo parlour... I felt very out of place walking into the place with the gang member, but everyone was really nice. They took Jason's design and did some very small refinements... like adding all the extra little islands around the place and it was done... Jason was booked in.

Now its quite hard surprising someone with a tattoo, its not like you can secretly get it done or anything, so I had to tell him what was going on. Needless to say Jason was a little apprehensive... he had forgotten the design he did.

I must admit, I was a bit worried as well as I didn't know the quality of the tattooists that I had booked him in with but they had a great website, had good tattoos themselves and had been in business for over 30 years in Perth... it had to count for something right?

Anyway, Jason had over 3 hours of it yesterday on his ribs, which is apparently one of the worst places to be tattooed... the end result speaks for itself I think....its still a little red and inflamed, but that should go down over the next week o so...

No comments: