Monday, September 3, 2007

My body's in shock!

Sheesh last week was a toughie, my training hours jumped up to 16 hours and my body went into a bit of shock. I hadn't really thought much about it but I really hadn't been doing much training over the 6 weeks since the ankle injury (set out below) so last week was always going to hurt:

Sunday 15 July: Injury
16 - 22 July: 1 * Swim, 1 * 20 min jog and Captain cooks race (2.5 hours)
23 - 28 July: 1 * swim, 2 * EASY short jogs (could barely walk after Captain Cooks race)
30 July - 5 August: Very easy week getting back into it.
6 - 12 August: 9 hours training
13 - 19 August: Aim was 9 hours training, but got a cold and only did about 6.5 hrs!
20 - 26 August: Half a week off recovering from cold and 10km race, then about 6 hours training.

So as you can see I have had 6 pretty light weeks volume wise with all that has happened. So when Kevin sent my programme last week he did say that the first three weeks would be very solid!

I got through all the training but was a grump for most of the week! Poor Jason. Between us last week we had to try and schedule about 22 sessions into the week which is VERY tough with one car. There was only one really hard day to schedule though. I ended up riding to Saturday's swim/ride brick and Jason picked me up afterwards. So it wasn't too bad.

Jason and I are trialling a combined training, food, and cleaning roster this week. With both of us so busy things are just not getting done round the house. So to try and combat that we have now planned the whole week's meals, who is responsible for cooking them, who is responsible for doing the dishes and a cleaning roster for the week so that we can do a little bit each day or every second day rather than having to do a major clean on the weekend when we are both really tired. Hopefully it helps out a bit!

Anyway that is about all for this week from me.

No comments: